- Annual Report (coming soon!)
- 25% of our U.S. doctoral students are from underrepresented ethnic groups (African American, Hispanic/Latino/as, American Indian/ Alsakan Native/ First Nations)
- 41.9%. of our U.S. doctoral students are female
- Over half of the Ethnic Inclusion doctoral students are female
- The UI is a GEM (Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science) Institution
- The UI along with ISU and UNI successfully received an NSF AGEP (National Science Foundation Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate) grant.
- A number of highly achieved alumni including: Dr. Lilia A. Abron, Luther H. Smith, Thomas E. Daniels, and Dr. Clifford V. Smith, Jr.