Applying for a degree

Applying for a Degree

It is your responsibility to apply for degree.

Applications must be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date.  If you miss the deadline, you will need to go to 1 Jessup Hall to apply for graduation.


How to Apply for a Degree...

1) Check your Degree Audit and clear-up any potential problems in 3124 SC

2) Complete a "Degree Application" under the "Student Records" section on MyUI (Subheading "Student Life Management")

3) Be sure to note any minors or certificates you have completed

4) Upon completion, a $75 fee will be charged to your U-Bill account

5) BS/MS Students must file their application in 17 Calvin Hall

Commencement Program

The College of Engineering offers a Fall and Spring Commencement Program (No Summer Programs).  Undergraduates that will earn their degree at the conclusion of a summer session can participate in either the Spring or Fall Commencement Programs by completing a "Early Comencement Form".


Graduation with Distinction

The college awards distinction honors for students graduating in the top 10% of their graduating class. Ranking is based on students' grade-point averages for all college-level study undertaken up to their final registration. To be eligible to graduate with distinction, students must take their final 60 s.h. of study in residence at the college and must have completed at least 45 s.h. of study in the college before their final registration. Students in the combined engineering/liberal arts and sciences program are eligible for this recognition regardless of the college in which they complete their residency requirements.

With Highest Distinction to students in the highest 2 percent of their graduating class

With High Distinction to students in the next-highest 3 percent

With Distinction to students in the next-highest 5 percent.

Graduating with Honors

         See Honors Programming Page...