1418 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, Tulane University, 2006.
M.S., Biomedical Engineering, Tulane University, 2004.
B.S.E., Chemical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 2000.
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Muiltiscale mechanics and modeling, biomaterials, tissue engineering, and microscopy.
Present Research Interests:
Wound healing, skin tissue engineering, microvessel formation in engineered skin; multiscale biomechanics of native and engineered connective, vascular, and ocular tissue; image-based multiscale modeling of mechanics and damage in ligaments and tissue analogs; mechanobiology of growth and remodeling processes in engineered tissues; microscopy and image.
- Hadi, M.F., Sander, E.A., Ruberti, J.W., Barocas, V.H.: "Simulated remodeling of loaded collagen networks via strain-dependent enzymatic degradation and constant-rate fiber growth." Mechanics of Materials. In Press.
- Sander, E.A., Tranquillo, R.T., Barocas, V.H.: "Initial Fiber Alignment Pattern Alters Extracellular Matrix Synthesis in Fibroblast Populated Fibrin Gel Cruciforms and Correlates with Predicted Tension." Annals of Biomedical Engineering 2011; 39: 714-729.
- Sander, E.A., Stylianopoulos, T., Tranquillo, R.T., Barocas, V.H.: "Image-Based Multiscale Modeling Predicts Tissue-level and Network-level Fiber Reorganization in Stretched Cell-Compacted Collagen Gels." Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 2009; 106: 17675-17680. doi: 10.1073/pnas. 0903716106.
- Sander, E.A. and Barocas, V.H.: "Comparison of 2D Fiber Network Orientation Measurement Methods." Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A 2009; 88(2): 322-31.
- Sander, E.A., Downs, J.C., Hart, R.T., Burgoyne, C.F., Nauman, E.A.: "A Cellular Solid Model of the Lamina Cribrosa: Mechanical Dependence on Morphology." Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 2006; 128: 879-889.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Biomedical Engineering Society.