Joseph M. Reinhardt
1402A Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, 1994
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Northeastern University, 1988
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 1985
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Image processing; medical imaging; signal processing; cardiopulmonary imaging.
Present Research Interests:
Pulmonary image analysis; cardiovascular imaging; 3-D medical imaging.
- Hu, S., Hoffman, E.A., and Reinhardt, J.M., "Automatic lung segmentation for accurate quantitation of volumetric X-ray CT images," IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 490-498, June 2001.
- Saba,O.I., Hoffman, E.A. and Reinhardt, J.M., "Maximizing quantitative accuracy of lung lumen and wall measurements obtained from x-ray CT imaging,"Journal of Applied Physiology, 95:1063-1095, 2003.
- Deniz, Aykac, Hoffman, Eric A., McLennan, Geoffrey, and Reinhardt, Joseph .M., "Segmentation and analysis of the human airway tree from three-dimensional x-ray CT images." IEEE Trans." Medical Imaging, 22(8): 940-950, Aug. 2003.
- Li Zhang, Eric Hoffman, and Joseph M. Reinhardt. Lung lobe segmentation in volumetric X-ray CT images. IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging, 25(1):1-16, 2006.
- Lina Arbash Meinel, Alan H. Stolpen, Kevin S. Berbaum, Laurie L. Fajardo, and Joseph M. Reinhardt. (2007) "Breast MRI lesion classification: Improved performance of human readers with a backpropagation neural network computer-aided diagnosis (CAD) system." J. Magn. Res. Imaging, 25(1):85-95.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), IEEE Biomedical Engineering Society, IEEE Signal Processing Society, Society for Processing and Information Engineering, American Society Engineering Educators (ASEE).