Madhavan L. Raghavan
1136 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh, 1998
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India, 1992
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Cardiovascular biomechanics; finite element method, geometric modeling; 3D reconstruction; mechanical testing of biologic tissues.
Present Research Interests:
Biomechanics of aneurysms and endovascular grafts; Mechanics of biological and engineered soft tissues; heart valve mechanics; Biomechanics of swallowing.
- Ma, B, Lu J, Harbaugh RE, Raghavan ML, “Nonlinear Anisotropic Stress Analysis of Anatomically Realistic Cerebral Aneurysms,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 129(1):88-96, 2007.
- Lu J, Zhou X, Raghavan ML, “Computational Method for Inverse Elastostatics in Anisotropic Hyperelastic Solids,” Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 69: 1239-61, 2007.
- Raghavan, M.L., J. Kratzberg, E.M. Castro de Tolosa, M.M. Hanaoka, P. Walker, and E.S. da Silva, “Regional distribution of wall thickness and failure properties of human abdominal aortic aneurysm,” Journal of Biomechanics, 39(16):3010-6, 2006.
- Raghavan, M.L., B. Ma, and R.E. Harbaugh, “Quantified Aneurysm Shape and Rupture Risk,” Journal of Neurosurgery, 102(2): p. 355-62, 2005.
- Fillinger MF. Marra SP. Raghavan ML. Kennedy FE, “Prediction of rupture risk in abdominal aortic aneurysm during observation: wall stress versus diameter,” Journal of Vascular Surgery. 37(4):724-32, 2003.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Biomedical Engineering Society; American Society of Mechanical Engineers; American Society of Biomechanics.