Sarah C. Vigmostad
1402 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, The University of Iowa 2007.
M.S. Biomedical Engineering, The University of Iowa, 2003.
B.S.E. Biomedical Engineering, The University of Iowa, 2001.
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Computational techniques for fluid-structure interactions; Computational fluid mechanics; Multiscale modeling of biological phenomena.
Present Research Interests:
Coronary blood flow dynamics; Heart valve mechanics; Cardiovascular implant design and analysis; RBC dynamics for analysis of blood damage; Vocal cord dynamics.
- S.C. Vigmostad, S. Marelia, K.B. Chandran, H.S. Udaykumar: Development and Validation of a Strongly Coupled Approach for Heart Valve Simulations. Journal of Computational Physics, Submitted.
- S.C. Vigmostad, H.S. Udaykumar, J. Lu, M.S. Sacks, K.B. Chandran: "Fluid Structure Interaction Simulations of Bioprosthetic Heart Valve Dynamics Using a Sharp Interface Method." Annals of Biomedical Engineering, Submitted.
- G.C. Engelmayr, L. Soletti, S.C. Vigmostad, S.G. Budilarto, W. Federspiel, K.B. Chandran, D.A. Vorp, and M.S. Sacks. "A Novel Flex-Stretch-Flow Bioreactor for the Study of Engineered Heart Valve Tissue Mechanobiology." Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2008.
- K.B. Chandran, A. Wahle, S.C. Vigmostad, M.E. Olszewski, J.D. Rossen, M. Sonka: "Coronary Arteries: Imaging, Reconstruction, and Fluid Dynamic Analysis." Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 1, Begellhouse, New York (2006).
- A. Wahle, J.J. Lopez, M.E. Olszewski, S.C. Vigmostad, K.B. Chandran, J.D. Rossen, M. Sonka: "Plaque Development, Vessel Curvature, and Wall Shear Stress in Coronary Arteries Assessed by X-ray Angiography and Intravascular Ultrasound." Medical Image Analysis - Functional Imaging and Modeling of the Heart, Elsevier.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES).