1134 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Iowa, 1990
M.S., Mechanical Design and Production Engineering, Seoul National University, 1984
B.S., Mechanical Design and Production Engineering, Seoul National University, 1982
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Present Research Interests:
Spine biomechanics; effect of mechanical loads on the cellular activities in the intervertebral discs; discogenic low back pain; mathematical modeling of spinal muscles.
- Kim KW, Lim TH, Kim JG, An HS: Origin of chondrocytes and fibroblasts in the nucleus pulposus: the cells replace the notochordal nucleus pulposus with fibrocartilage. Spine 28(10):982 – 990, 2003.
- Natarajan RN, Garretson RB III, Biyani A, Lim TH, Andersson GBJ, An HS: Effects of slip severity and loading directions on the stability of isthmic spondylolisthesis: A finite element model study. Spine 28(11):1103 – 1112, 2003.
- Renner SM, Lim TH, Katolic L, Kim WJ, Brebach G, An HS, Andersson GBJ: Augmentation of pedicle screw fixation strength using an injectable calcium phosphate cement as a function of injection timing and method. Spine 29:E212-E216, 2004.
- Hitchon PW, Eichholz KM, Barry C, Rubenbauer P, Ingalhalikar A, Nakamura S, Lim TH, Torner J. Biomechanical Studies of an Artificial Disc Implant in the Human Cadaveric Spine. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine 2(3):339-343, 2005.
- Lim TH, Ramakrishnan PS, Kurriger GL, Martin JA, Stevens JW, Kim J, Mendoza SA: Rat spinal motion segment in organ culture: A cell viability study. Spine. 20;31(12):1291-7, 2006.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Orthopaedic Research Society; International Society for the Studies of the Lumbar Spine; American Society of Mechanical Engineers: Bioengineering division.