Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering-Bioengineering, Carnegie-Mellon University, 1976.
M.S., Mechanical Engineering-Bioengineering, Carnegie-Mellon University, 1973.
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, 1972.
Present Research Interests:
Orthopaedic biomechanics; biomedical engineering
- Lundberg HJ, Stewart KJ, Callaghan JJ, Brown TD. Kinetically-critical sites of femoral head roughening for wear rate acceleration in total hip arthroplasty. Clin. Orthop. Rel. Res. Symposium: Materials and Tribology in Total Hip Replacement, Jan 2005;430:89–93
- Heiner AD, Callaghan JJ, Brown TD. A Laboratory simulation for morselized bone graft fusion: Apparent modulus under operatively-based femoral impaction kinetics. J. Biomech. 2005 Apr;38 (4):811–818
- Beardsley CL, Anderson DD, Marsh JL, Brown TD. Interfragmentary surface area as an index of comminution severity in cortical bone impact. J. Orthop. Res. 2005; 23(3):686–690.
- Pedersen DR, Callaghan JJ, Brown TD. Activity-dependence of the safe zone for impingement versus dislocation avoidance. Med. Eng. Phys. 2005 May;27(4):323–328.
- Tochigi Y, Rudert MJ, Brown TD, McIff TE, Saltzman CL. The effect of implantation accuracy on range of movement of the Scandinavian Total Ankle Replacement. J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.) 2005;87-B:736–740.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineers; American Society of Mechanical Engineers; Orthopaedic Research Society; Society for Biomaterials; American Society of Biomechanics; Society for Experimental Mechanics; British Society for Strain Measurement; American Society of Civil Engineers, Engineering Mechanics Division; The Hip Society; Amer