Julie L. P. Jessop
4130 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University, 1999 .
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University, 1994 .
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Polymers, spectroscopy, microlithography.
Present Research Interests:
Spectroscopic characterization of polymer reactions; dental composites; hybrid photopolymer resins; cationic ring-opening photopolymerizations; polymers from renewable resources; chemically amplified photoresists.
- Eom, H., Jessop, J.L.P., "Expoxide/urethane acrylate hybrid photopolymerizations to minimize atmospheric sensitivity: Understanding the interplay between viscosity and dual photoinitiator system," chapter in/ Basics and Applications of Photopolymerization Reactions/ edited by J.P. Fouassier and X. Allonas, in press.
- Cai, Y., Jessop, J.L.P., "Effect of Water Concentration on UV-curing Acrylate/Epoxide Hybrid Monomer Coatings," Polymer, Vol. 50 (23), 2009, pp. 5406-5413.
- Zou, Y., Armstrong, S.R., Jessop, J.L.P., "Apparent conversion of adhesive resin in the hybrid layer, part 1: Identification of internal standards for Raman spectroscopy and the effects of water storage," Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, Vol. 86A (4), 2008, pp. 883-891.
- Comer, Chris M., Jessop, J.L.P., "Evaluation of Novel Back-flush Filtration for Removal of Homopolymer from Starch-g-PMMA," Starch, Vol. 60 (7), 2008, pp. 335-339.
- Cai, Y., Jessop, J.L.P., "Decreased Oxygen Inhibition in Photopolymerized Acrylate/Epoxide Hybrid Polymer Coatings as Demonstrated by Raman Spectroscopy," Polymer, Vol. 47(19), 2006, pp. 6560-6566.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Chemical Society; American Institute of Chemical Engineering; American Society for Engineering Education; Omega Chi Epsilon; RadTech International North America; Tau Beta Pi.