Julie L. P. Jessop
4130 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University, 1999 .
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University, 1994 .
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Polymers, spectroscopy, microlithography.
Present Research Interests:
Spectroscopic characterization of polymer reactions; dental composites; hybrid photopolymer resins; cationic ring-opening photopolymerizations; polymers from renewable resources; electron-beam polymerization.
- Eom, H.S., Jessop, J.L.P., Scranton, A.B., “Photoinitiated Cationic Copolymerizations: Effects of the Oligomer Structure and Composition,” Polymer, Vol. 54, 2013, 4134-4142.
- Dillman, B.F., Kang, N.Y., Jessop, J.L.P., “Free-radical Photopolymerization of a Castor Oil-based Acrylate Oligomer,” Polymer, Vol. 54, 2013, 1768-1774.
- Dillman, B.F., Jessop, J.L.P., “Chain Transfer Agents in Cationic Photo-polymerization of a Bis-cycloaliphatic Epoxide Monomer: Kinetic and Physical Property Effects,” Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry, Vol. 51, 2013, 2058-2067.
- Zou, Y., Armstrong, S.R., Jessop, J.L.P., “Quantitative analysis of adhesive resin in the hybrid layer using Raman spectroscopy,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, Vol. 94A(1), 2010, 288-297.
- Cai, Y., Jessop, J.L.P., “Effect of Water Concentration on UV-curing Acrylate/Epoxide Hybrid Monomer Coatings,” Polymer, Vol. 50(23), 2009, pp. 5406-5413.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Chemical Society; American Institute of Chemical Engineering; American Society for Engineering Education; Omega Chi Epsilon; RadTech International North America; Tau Beta Pi.