4139 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Riverside, 2009
M.E., Chemical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, 2004
B. Tech., Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering, Central Electrochemical Research Institute, 2002
Present Research Interests:
Electrochemical synthesis of functional nanomaterials; electrochemical energy conversion and storage technologies; solar fuels and chemicals; surface plasmon mediated chemical and electrochemical processes; photovoltaics using earth abundant elements; nanoelectronic probes for sensing applications
- Mubeen, S., Lee J., Singh, N., Stucky G.D., and Moskovits, M., "An Autonomous Photosynthetic Device in which all of the Charge Carriers Derive from Surface Plasmons", Nature Nanotechnology (Cover), 8, 247. Highlighted by Science Editors' Choice.
- Mubeen, S., Lee, J., Singh, N., Stucky G.D., Moskovits, M., and McFarland, E.W., "Synthesis of Chemicals Using Solar Energy with Stable Photoelectrochemically Acive Heterostructures", Nano Letters, 15, 2110.
- Mubeen, S., Lee, J., Singh, N. Moskovits, M., and McFarland, E.W., "Stabilizing Inorganic Photoectrodes for Efficient Solar-to-Chemical Energy Conversion", Energy & Environmental Science, 6, 1633.
- Mubeen, S., Lai, M., Zhang, T., Lim, J.H., Mulchandani, A., Deshusses, M.A., and Myung, N.V., "Hybrid Tin oxide-SWNTT nanostructures based gas sensor", Electrochimica Acta, 92, 484.
- Mubeen, S., Lee, J. Ji, X, Stucky, G.D., and Moskovits, M., "Plasmonic Photoanodes for Solar Water Splitting with Visible Light", Nano Letters, 12, 5014.