306 Stanley Hydraulics Laboratory
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D. Civil Engineering, University of Iowa, 2008.
Civil Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza," Italy, 2003.
Present Research Interests:
Remote sensing of rainfall; modeling of rainfall uncertainties; radar hydrology; flood hydrology; extreme events; stationarity; error propagation; hydrometerology.
- Villarini, G., and Vecchi, G.A., "Twenty-first-century projections of North Atlantic tropical storms from CMIP5 models, Nature Climate Change," doi:10.1038/NCLIMATE1530, 2012 (in press).
- Villarini, G., Smith, J.A., Vitolo, R., and Stephenson, D.B., "On the temporal clustering of US floods and its relationship to climate teleconnection patterns, International Journal of Climatology, doi:10.1002/joc.3458, 2012 (in press).
- Villarini, G., and Smith, J.A., "Flood peak distributions for the Eastern United States," Water Resources Research, doi:10.1029/2009WR008395, 46, W06504, 2010.
- Vaillarini, G., Smith, J.A., Serinaldi, F., Bales, J., Bates, P.D., and Krajewski, W.F., "Flood frequency analysis for nonstationary annual peak records in an urban drainage basin," Advances in Water Resources, 32(8), 1255-1266, 2009.
- Villarini, G., Krajewski, W.F., Ciach, G.J., and Zimmerman, D.L., "Product-error-driven generator of probable rainfall conditioned on WSR-88D precipitation estimates," 45, W01404, doi:10.1029/2008WR006946, Water Resources Research, 2009.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Geophysical Union; American Meterological Society