Hosin (David) Lee
4117 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1985
M.S., Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 1981
B.S., Civil Engineering, Seoul National University, 1980
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Transportation Engineering; Digital Image Processing; Sustainable Civil Infrastructure Design; Civil and Construction Materials; Pavement Recycling; Pavement Maintenance; Polymers for Construction Materials, Low-Carbon Urban Design.
Present Research Interests:
Innovative low-carbon innovative construction materials; Warm mix asphalt, Asphalt pavement recycling technologies; Pavement maintenance technologies; Automated pavement crack image analysis system; Polymers in concrete; Ultra high performance concrete; Non-destructive evaluation of pavement.
- Jung, Y., H. Lee, M. Lee, S. Choi and Y, Cho, “New mix design approach for polymer concrete as airport pavement repair material based on film thickness concept,” Journal of Transportation Research Board, TRB, 2014 (in Print).
- Lee, H., T. Glueckert, T. Ahmed, Y. Kim, C. Baek, S. Hwang, “Laboratory Evaluation and Field Implementation of Polyethylene Wax-Based Warm Mix Asphalt Additive in USA,” International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, CSPE, Vol. 6 Issue 5, 2013, pp. 547-553.
- Woods, A., Y. Kim and H. Lee, “Determining Timing of Overlay on Cold In-place Recycling Layer: Development of a New Tool based on Moisture Loss Index and In-situ Stiffness,” Journal of Transportation Research Board, TRB, No. 2306, 2012, pp. 52-61.
- Kim, Y. and H. Lee, “Influence of Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement Temperature on Mix Design Process of Cold In-place Recycling Using Foamed Asphalt,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 7, ASCE, 2011, pp. 961-968.
- Kim, J., H. Lee, C. T. Jahren, M. Heitzman and D. Chen, “Long-Term Field Performance of Cold In-Place Recycled Roads in Iowa,” Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Vol. 24, No. 3, ASCE, 2010, pp. 265-274.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
40th President of the Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA)), Editorial Board of ASCE Journal of Infrastructure System, Chairman of ASCE T&DI Highway Pavement Committee, Chairman of TRB Subcommittee on Computer Imaging Technology for Pavement Evaluation, Chairman of Global Warm Mix Asphalt Workshop, Co-Chairman of 5th International
Conference on Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Pavement and Technological Control, Member of National Academy of Engineering of Korea (NAEK).