Keri C. Hornbuckle
Professor Civil and Environmental Engineering
Associate Dean for Academic Programs
Professor Occupational and Environmental Health
Faculty Research Engineer IIHR - Hydroscience & Engineering
3100 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Environmental Engineering and Science, University of Minnesota, 1996
B.A., Chemistry, Grinnell College, 1987
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Cycling of organic contaminants in aquatic and terrestrial systems.
Present Research Interests:
Source and fate of consumer products in natural systems; Atmospheric deposition of potentially toxic compounds into the Great Lakes; Design of air and water sampling equipment; Modeling.
- Martinez, A.; Wang, K. and Hornbuckle, K.C*, "Fate of PCB congeners in an Industrial Harbor of Lake Michigan" Environ. Sci. Technol., 44, 2010, 2803-2808. http://pubs.acs.org/articlesonrequest/AOR-cn4H7JPvb8zUfQDy6Myz
- Dingfei Hu and Keri C. Hornbuckle*, "Inadvertant PCB coneners in commercial pigments." Environ. Sci. Technol., 44, 2010, 2822-2827. http://pubs.acs.org/articlesonrequest/AOR-syZEcqCNFujVrHuCPiQQ
- Persoon, C; Peters, TM, Kumar, N; and Hornbuckle, KC*. "Spatial Distribution of Airborne Polychlorinated Biphenyls in Cleveland, OH, and Chicago, IL." Environ. Sci. Technol., 44, 2010, 2797-2802. http://pubs.acs.org/articlesonrequest/AOR-U3CDm5tHfzmW3akUZwbu
- Wombacher, W.D. and Hornbuckle, K.C.* "Synthetic Musk Frangrances in a Conventional Drinking Water Treatment Plant with Lime Softening." ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering, 135 (11), 2009, 1192-1198. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)EE.1943-7870.0000085
- Hu, D; Martinez, A; and Hornbuckle, K.C.* "Discovery of non-Aroclor PCB (3, 3'-dichlorobiphenyl) in Chicago air." Environ. Sci. Technol. 42, 2008, 7873-7877. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/es801823r.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Chemical Society; International Association for Great Lakes Research; American Association of Environmental Engineering Professors; American Geophysical Union; Associate Editor, Journal of Great Lakes Research; Past President of the International Association for Great Lakes Research.