M. Asghar Bhatti
4116 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Structural Engineering and Structural Mechanics, University of California-Berkeley, 1980
M.S., Structural Engineering and Structural Mechanics, University of California-Berkeley, 1975
B.E., Civil Engineering, University of Karachi, 1972
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Structural design and optimization; Computational Mechanics; Structural dynamics and earthquake engineering; Modeling, artificial intelligence and simulation.
Present Research Interests:
Performance-based optimum design of semi-rigid frames; Simulation of wind loading of highway signs; Modeling forces in human muscles including fatigue; Productivity loss in civil construction projects.
- Bhatti, M.A., Advanced Topics in Finite Element Analysis of Structures: with Mathematica and MATLAB Computations, 590 pages, ISBN 0-471-64807-9, John Wiley, New York 2006.
- Öztaşa, A., Palab, M., Özbayb, E., Kancab, E., Çağlarc, N., and Bhatti, M.A. "Predicting the compressive strength and slump of high strength concrete using neural network," Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Volume 20, Issue 9, November 2006, Pages 769-775.
- Bhatti, M.A., Vignes, R. and Han, R.P.S., "Muscle Forces and Fatigue in a Virtual Soldier Environment," SAE 2005 Transactions Journal of Passenger Cars – Mechanical Systems, Paper No. 2005-01-2712, pp. 2930-2936, March 2005.
- Bhatti, M.A., Fundamental Finite Element Analysis and Applications: with Mathematica and MATLAB Computations, 700 pages, ISBN 0-471-64808-6, John Wiley, New York 2005.
- Bhatti, M.A., Practical Optimization Methods With Mathematica Applications, 715 pages with CD, ISBN 0-387-98631-6, Springer-Verlag, New York, 2000.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers; Associate Editor, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, June 2005-Present; Member Structural Engineering Institute committees on Methods of Analysis and Optimum Structural Design; Member American Society of Engineering Education; Treasurer/Secretary, American Society of Engineering Education, Civil Engineer