Paul F. Hanley
227 South Quad
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Urban and Regional Planning, University of Illinois, 1999
M.S., Urban & Regional Planning, University of Illinois, 1994
M.S., Civil Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 1990
B.S., Civil Engineering, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 1988.
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Transportation planning; traffic engineering; transportation economics; safety.
Present Research Interests:
Dynamic simulation of driver decision making; funding and financing surface transportation infrastructure; determinates of private and commercial transportation safety.
- Hanley, Paul F., and Nikhil Sikka (2012) "Self Selection Bias in Driver Distraction and Its Effects on Crash Mitigation Policy," Journal of Accident Analysis and Prevention, in press.
- Hanley, Paul F., and Jon G. Kuhl (2011) "National Evaluation of a Mileage Initial Results," 2221, no. 1. Transportation Research Record: Journal of Transportation Research Board.
- Hanley, Paul F. (2007) "Transportation Cost Changes with Statewide School District Consolidation." Socio-economic Planning Sciences. Vol. 41, No. 2, June.
- Hanley, Paul F., and Lewis D. Hopkins. (2007) "A multiagent Simulation Model for the Study of Planning Behaviors." Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design Vol. 34, pp. 6-27.
- Forkenbrock, David J., and Paul F. Hanley (2006) "Mileage-Based Road User Charges." Public Roads Vol. 70, No. 1, March/April
- Hanley, Paul F., and David J. Forkenbrock. (2006) "Making Fair and Predictable Salary Adjustments for Faculty of Public Research Universities." Research in High Education Vol. 47, No. 1, February.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Society of Civil Engineers; American Planning Association; Chi Epsilon.