Witold F. Krajewski
Professor Civil and Environmental Engineering
Faculty Research Engineer IIHR - Hydroscience & Engineering
Director Iowa Flood Center
523D Stanley Hydraulics Laboratory
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Water Resources Systems, Warsaw University of Technology, 1980
M.S., Environmental Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology, 1976
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Flood prediction; hydrology and hydrometeorology; radar and satellite remote sensing; water resources systems.
Present Research Interests:
Real-time flood forecasting, remote sensing of hydrologic processes; mathematical modeling of hydrologic processes; radar and satellite estimation of rainfall; uncertainty analysis and modeling in hydrology; applications of informatics in hydrology; hydrologic instrumentation.
- Small, S.J., J.O. Laurent, R. Mantilla, R. Curtu, L.K. Cunha, M. Fonley, and W.F. Krajewski, An asynchronous solver for systems of ODEs linked by a directed tree structure, Advances in Water Resources, 53, 23-32, 2013.
- Gourley, J.J., Y. Hong, Z.L. Flamig, A. Arthur, R. Clark, M. Calianno, I. Ruin, T. Ortel, M.E. Wieczorek, E. Clark, and W.F. Krajewski, A unified flash flood database over the U.S., Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 2012 (to appear).
- Krajewski, W.F., A. Kruger, S. Singh, B.-C. Seo, and J.A. Smith, Hydro-NEXRAD-2: Real-time access to customized radar-rainfall for hydrologic applications, Journal of Hydroinformatics, 2012 (to appear).
- Ayalew, T.B., W.F. Krajewski, and R. Mantilla, Effect of reservoir storage on peak discharge frequency, ASCE Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 2012 (to appear).
- Berne, A. and W.F. Krajewski, Radar hydrology: Opportunities and challenges, Advances in Water Resources, 2012 (to appear).
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Geophysical Union (Fellow); American Meteorological Society (Fellow); Past-Chair, Board of Directors of the Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science; Editorial Board, Advances in Water Resources; Science Team Member of the Global Precipitation Measurement satellite mission.