- New Annex
- College A-Z
Undergraduate Academic Advising
All currently enrolled engineering students are required to meet with an academic advisor once a semester, prior to registering for the next semester courses. Advising for undeclared/first year engineering students takes place in the Student Development Center. Students are required to sign up for a time to meet with an professional advisor, Josh Atcher, Anat Levtov, or Nancy Schneider before registration begins. Students in their second year who have declared a major will be assigned a faculty advisor in the fall session.
By meeting with academic advisors, students are able to discuss current courses, major options, plan course selection and be authorized to register, as well as discuss any other issues.
Students may also utilize the Peer Advisors to answer questions or concerns. They offer advice on their respective majors, course combinations, course loads, and share their personal experiences through their journey to a career in engineering. Peer Advisors are available in the Student Development Center, 3124 SC for assistance (see schedule).
What your advisor will expect from you:
- Make appointments to meet regularly throughout the year
- Learn the curriculum and requirements for your degree as well as policies and procedures
- Be on time and come prepared with questions/materials for discussion
- Clarify personal values and goals and provide advisor with accurate information regarding your interests and abilities
- Explore ways to get involved and enhance your education
What you can expect from your advisor:
- Effectively communicate academic policies and procedures and the curriculum and graduation requirements for your major
- Provide encouragement and support as students develop realistic goals and make academic progress
- Assist students in gaining decision making skills and skills in assuming responsibility for their education plans and achievements
- Provide students with information on the available resources and services on campus
The College of Engineering Academic Policies include information regarding Second Grade Options, Incompletes, Pass/Nonpass options and other related academic polices.
The links listed below involve issues related to academic procedures: