Daniel A. Reed
201 Gilmore Hall
Joined the College of Engineering:
PhD., Computer Science, Purdue University, 1983
M.S., Computer Science, Purdue University, 1980
B.S. (summa cum laude), Computer Science, Missouri University of Science and Technology, 1978
- D. A. Reed et al, The New Global Ecosystem in Advanced Computing: Implications for U.S. Competitiveness and National Security, National Academies Press, 2012
- D. A. Reed, D. B. Gannon and J. R. Larus, “Imagining the Future: Thoughts on Computing,” IEEE Computer, pp. 39-44, January 2012
- R. Barga, D. Gannon and D. Reed, “The Client and the Cloud: Democratizing Research Computing,” IEEE Internet Computing, pp. 72-75, January 2011
- J. Dongarra, P. Beckman, T. Moore, P. Aerts, G. Aloisio, J. Andre, D. Barkai, J. Berthou, T. Boku, B. Braunschweig, F. Cappello, B. Bhapman, X. Chi, A. Choudhary, S. Dosanjh, T. Dunning, S. Fiore, A. Geist, B. Gropp, R. Harrison, M. Hereld, M. Heroux, A. Hoisie, K. Hotta, Z. Jin, Y. Ishikawa, F. Johnson, S. Kale, R. Kenway, D. Keyes, B. Kramer, J. Labarta, A. Lichnewsky, T. Lippert, B. Lucas, B. Maccabe, S. Matsuoka, P. Messina, P. Michielse, B. Mohr, M. Mueller, W. Nagel, H. Nakashmia, M. Papka, D. Reed, M. Sato, E. Seidel, J. Shalf, D. Skinner, M. Snir, T. Sterling, R. Stevens, F. Streitz, B. Sugar, S. Sumimoto, W. Tang, J. Taylor, R. Thakur, A. Trefethen, M. Valero, A. Steen, J. Vetter, P. Williams, R. Wisniewski and K. Yelick (2011). “The International Exascale Software Project Roadmap,” International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications, 25(3), January 2011.
- T. Gamblin, B R. de Supinski, M. Schulz, R. Fowler, D. A. Reed, “Clustering Performance Data Efficiently at Massive Scales,” International Conference on Supercomputing, June 2010
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 1978-present, Fellow, 2003-present; IEEE, 1980-present, Fellow, 2004-present; AAAS, 1986-present, Fellow, 2007-present; International Federation for Information Processing, Working Group WG10.3, 1993-present.