David R. Andersen
132 Iowa Advanced Technology Laboratories
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Purdue University, 1986
M.S.E.E., Electrical Engineering, Purdue University, 1982
B.S.E.E., Electrical Engineering, Iowa State University, 1981
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Electromagnetic theory; solid state physics; quantum electronics; nonlinear optics; embedded systems
Present Research Interests:
Electromagnetic theory; solid state physics; quantum electronics; nonlinear optics; embedded systems.
- D. W. Cooley and D. R. Andersen, "Photonic Bandgaps and Resonators in the 1-Stage Sierpinski Gasket Basis," to appear in J. Opt. Soc. Am. B (2007).
- M. B. Cover, K. Kanukurthy, and D. R. Andersen, “Microwave Tomography Using Dynamic 802.15.4 Wireless Networks,” Proc. IEEE Electro/Information Technology Conference, Chicago IL, May 17-20, 2007.
- K. Kanukurthy, M. B. Cover, and D. R. Andersen, “Data Acquisition Unit for an Implantable Multichannel Optical Glucose Sensor,” Proc. IEEE Electro/Information Technology Conference, Chicago IL, May 17-20, 2007.
- J. Wu, K. Kanukurthy, and D. R. Andersen, "Continuous, Inductively Charged Power Supply for Portable Embedded Applications," Circuit Cellar 193, pp. 12-19, August 2006.
- S. Xiao, D. R. Andersen, R. P. Han, and W. Hou, "Studies of Carbon Nanotube-Based Oscillators Using Molecular Dynamics,"Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience 3, 142-7 (2006).
- K. Kanukurthy, D. R. Andersen, J. Olesberg, M. A. Arnold, and C. Coretsopoulos, "Wireless NIR Glucose Sensor Controller,"Proc. Int. Conference on Biomedical Engineering '05, Singapore, Dec. 7-10, 2005. (Note: this paper received the Young Investigator Award of Merit at ICBME'05 - primary author is my student Kiran Kanukurthy).
- S. Xiao , D. R. Andersen, and W. Hou, “Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Carbon-Nanotube-Based Oscillators,” Proc. ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conference (DETC'05), Long Beach CA, September 24-28, 2005.
- S. Xiao, D. R. Andersen, and W. Hou , “Studies of Stable Nanotube-based Oscillators ,” 8th National Congress on Computing Mechanics (USNCCM8), Austin TX, July 25-27, 2005.
- K. Kanukurthy, U. Viswanathan, D. R. Andersen, J. Olesberg, M. A. Arnold, and C. Coretsopoulos, "Controller for a Continuous, Near-Infrared Glucose Sensor," Proc. SIcon05, Feb. 8-10, 2005, Houston TX.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Physical Society; Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers; Optical Society of America.