4316 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., E.E.C.S., University of California-Berkeley, 1987
M.E., E.E.C.S., Shanghai Jiaotong University, 1982
B.S., Physics, Fudan University, 1977
Special Fields of Knowledge:
identification, control, and signal processing.
Present Research Interests:
identification, control, and signal processing, and their applications in engineering and life science.
- E.W. Bai, R. Tempo and Y., Liu, (2007). "Identification of IIR nonlinear systems without a priori structural information," IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, 52.
- E.W. Bai, and Y. Liu, (2007) "Recursive direct weight optimization in nonlinear system identification: a minimal probability approach," IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, 52.
- E.W. Bai, J. Bennett, R. McCabe, M. Sharafuddin, H. Bai, J. Halloran, M. Vannier, Y. Liu, C. Wang, and G. Wang. (2006). "Study of an adaptive bolus chasing CT angiography," Journal of X-ray Science and Technology, 14.
- J. Bodmer, A. English, M. Brady, K. Blackwell, K. Haxinasto, S. Fotedar, K. Borgman, E. W. Bai, and A. Moy (2005). "Modeling error and stability of endothelial cytoskeletal-membrane parameters based on modeling transendothelial impendance as resistor and capacitor in series," AJP-Cell, Physiology, 289.
- E. W. Bai, Q. Li, and Z. Zhang, (2005). "Blind source separation/channel equalization of nonlinear channel with binary input,"IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, 53.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
IEEE (Fellow), Associate Editor and Editorial Board Member: IEEE TAC, Automatica, JCTA, SPCU; Member of the Technical Committee of IFAC (Interfederation of Automatic Control) on Modeling, Identification and Signal Processing, Member of the Technical Committee of EIII Control Society of System Identification and Adaptive Control.