116 Iowa Advanced Technology Laboratories
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, 2007.
M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, 2002.
B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan, 2001.
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Transport and electronic structure phenomenon in nanoscale devices from theoretical, experimental and computational approaches.
Present Research Interests:
Graphene, molecule, silicon and carbon nanotube material systems.
- Hassan Raza, Edwin C. Kan, "Field modulation in bilayer graphene band structure," J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 21, 102202 (2009) - Fast Track Communication.
- Tuo-Hung Hou, Hassan Raza, Kamran Afshari, Daniel J. Ruebusch, Edwin C. Kan, "Nonvolatile memory with molecule-engineered tunneling barriers," Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 153109 (2008). Featured in IEEE Spectrum June 2008, p. 20 and Nature News April 2008.
- Hassan Raza, Edwin C. Kan, "Armchair graphene nanoribbons: Electronic structure and electric field modulation," Phys. Rev. B77, 245434 (2008) .
- Hassan Raza, Kirk H. Bevan, Diego Kienle, "Incoherent transport through molecules on silicon in the vicinity of a dangling bond, Phys. Rev. B77, 035432 (2008).
- Hassan Raza, Theoretical study of isolated dangling bonds, dangling bond wires and dangling bond clusters on H:Si(100)-(2x1)surface, Phys. Rev. B 76, 045308 (2007).