- New Annex
- College A-Z
Mark S. Andersland
4314 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, 1989
M.S.E., Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, 1984
B.S.E., Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, 1983
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Stochastic control; analog, digital and network communication; discrete event systems.
Present Research Interests:
Information structure & decentralized stochastic control; quality of service in networks; wireless networking; bandwidth efficient communication.
- Xu, Y. and Andersland, M.S., "Iterative Decoding: a Lyapunov View of its Convergence," Proc. of the 38th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS) , pp. 1464-1569, March 2004.
- Andersland, M.S. and Lee, C.W., "Service Gap Minimization in G/D/I/B+1 Queues," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 290-294, February 2000.
- Teneketzis, D. and Andersland, M.S., "On Partial Order Characterizations of Information Structures," Mathematics of Control, Signals and Systems, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 277-292, 2000.
- Andersland, M.S. and Teneketzis, D., "Measurement Scheduling for Recursive Team Estimation," Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 615-636, June, 1996.
- Andersland, M.S., "On the Optimality of Open-Loop LQG Measurement Scheduling," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1796-1799, October, 1995.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers; Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics; Tau Beta Pi; Eta Kappa Nu.