3314 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Biomedical Imaging, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, 2003
M.S., Signal Processing, Indian Institute of Science, 1999
B.S.E., Electrical & Communication Engineering, National Institute of Technology, 1996
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Imaging processing and Inverse problems.
Present Research Interests:
MR spectroscopic imaging, cardiac MRI, novel image reconstruction algorithms, development of novel MRI pulse sequences, computer aided therapy planning.
- Y. Hu, S. Goud, M. Jacob, "A fast majorize-minimize algorithm for the recovery of sparse and low rank matrices", IEEE trans Image processing, accepted.
- S. Goud, Y. Hu, E. DiBella, M. Jacob, "Accelerated dynamic MRI exploiting sparsity and low-rank structure", IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging, Pg 1042-1054, vol 30, May 2011.
- K. Satyananda, M. Jacob, "Non-iterative regularized reconstruction algorithm for non-Cartesian MRI", Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Feb 2011.
- Y. Lin, T. Gu, C. Zhong, S. Kennedy, M. Jacob, J. Zhong, "High-resolution MRS in the presence of field inhomogeneity via intermolecular double-quantum coherences on a 3T whole body scanner", Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Jan 2010.
- M. Jacob, "Optimized least square non uniform fast Fourier transform (OLS-NUFFT)", IEEE Transactions of Signal Processing, vol. 57, issue 6, pp. 2165-2177, Feb 2009.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Society, IEEE Signal Processing Society.