4016A Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Digital Image Analysis, Czech Technical University, 1984
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Tech. Cybern., Czech Technical University, 1979
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Image processing and analysis.
Present Research Interests:
Medical image analysis.
- Sonka, M., Hlavac, V. Boyle, R.: Image Processing, Analysis, and Machine Vision - 3rd Ed., Thomson Engineering, Toronto, Canada, 850 p., 2007.
- Sonka, M., Fitzpatrick, J.M. - editors: Handbook of Medical Imaging Volume 2 - Medical Image Processing and Analysis, SPIE, 1250 p., 2000.
- Christensen, G.E., Sonka, M.: “Information Processing in Medical Imaging,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 3565, Springer, Berlin, 2005.
- Li, K., Wu, X., Chen, D.Z., Sonka, M.: “Optimal Surface Segmentation in Volumetric Images-A Graph-Theoretic Approach,”IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence,Volume 28, Issue 1, Jan. 2006, 119-134.
- Zhang, H, Wahle, A, Johnson, R, Scholz, T, Sonka, M: 4D Cardiac MR Image Analysis: Left and Right Ventricular Morphology and Function, IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, Vol. 29, p. 350-264, 2010.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
International Association for Pattern Recognition; Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers; Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Fellow, IEEE; Fellow, AIMBE; Associate Editor of "Medical Image Analysis"; Editorial board member of International Journal of Cardiac Imaging.