Mona K. Garvin
4318 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, The University of Iowa, 2008
M.S., Biomedical Engineering, The University of Iowa, 2004
B.S.E., Biomedical Engineering, The University of Iowa, 2003
B.S., Computer Science, The University of Iowa, 2003
Special Fields of Knowledge:
medical image analysis, ophthalmic imaging, graph-theoretic approaches for three dimensional images segmentation
Present Research Interests:
ophthalmic image analysis
- M.K. Garvin , M.D. Abramoff, R. Kardon, S.R. Russell, X. Wu, and M. Sonka, "Intraretinal layer segmentation of macular optical coherence tomography images using optimal 3-D graph search," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1495-1505, Oct. 2008.
- M.K. Garvin , M.D. Abramoff, X. Wu, S.R. Russell, T.L. Burns, and M. Sonka, "Automated 3-D intraretinal layer segmentation of macular spectral-domain optical coherence tomography images," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 2009, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 1436-1447, Sept. 2009.
- H.W van Dijk, P.H.B. Kok, M.K. Garvin, M. Sonka, R.P.J. Michels, R.O. Schlingemann, F.D. Verbraak, and M.D. Abramoff, "Selective loss of inner retinal layer thickness in type 1 diabetic patients with minimal diabetic retinopathy," Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 3404-3409, July 2009.
- K. Lee, M. Niemeijer, M. Garvin, Y.H. Kwon, M. Sonka, and M.D. Abramoff, "Segmentation of the optic disc in 3-D OCT scans of the optic nerve head," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 159-168, Jan. 2010..
- Z. Hu, M.D. Abramoff, Y.H. Kwon, K. Lee, and M. Garvin, "Automated segmentation of neural canal opening and optic cup in 3-D spectral optical coherence tomography images of the optic nerve head," Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, in press.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE); Society of Photographic Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE); Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO); American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).