3414 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Computer Science, Indian Statistical Institute, India, 1997.
M.E., Computer Science and Engineering, Jadavpur University , India, 1989.
B.E. Computer Science and Engineering, Jadavpur University, India, 1987.
Present Research Interests:
Tensor scale-based image analysis; digital topology and geometry; fuzzy distance transform, virtual bone biopsy; fuzzy connectedness-based object segmentation; object class uncertainty theory in images segmentation and classification; active index model and differential shape model.
- PK Saha and BB Chaudhuri, “3D Digital topology under binary transformation with applications”, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 63, 418-429, 1996.
- PK Saha, BR Gomberg, and FW Wehrli, “Three-dimensional digital topological characterization of cancellous bone architecture”, International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology, 11, 81-90, 2000.
- PK Saha, JK Udupa, and D Odhner, “Scale-based fuzzy connected image segmentation: theory, algorithms, and validation”,Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 77, 145-174, 2000.
- PK Saha and JK Udupa, “Optimum threshold selection using class uncertainty and region homogeneity”, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 23, 689-706, 2001.
- PK Saha and JK Udupa, “Scale based image filtering preserving boundary sharpness and fine structures”, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 20, 1140-1156, 2001.
- PK Saha, FW Wehrli, and BR Gomberg, “Fuzzy distance transform -- theory, algorithms, and applications”, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 86, 171-190, 2002.
- PK Saha and FW Wehrli, “Measurement of trabecular bone thickness in the limited resolution regime of in vivo MRI by fuzzy distance transform”, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 23, 53-62, 2004.
- PK Saha and FW Wehrli, “A robust method measuring trabecular bone orientation anisotropy at in vivo resolution by using tensor scale”, Pattern Recognition, 37, 1935-1944, 2004.
- PK Saha, “Tensor scale: a local morphometric parameter with applications to computer vision and image processing”,Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 99, 384-413, 2005.
- PK Saha, B Das, FW Wehrli, “An object class-uncertainty induced adaptive force and its application to a new hybrid snake”,Pattern Recognition, in press.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE); member, International Association of Pattern Recognition (AIPR); Member, governing body of Indian Unit for Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence.