Reinhard R. Beichel
3312 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Telematics (Computer Science), Graz University of Technology, 2005
M.S., Telematics (Computer Science), Graz University of Technology, 1999
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Medical image analysis and graphics
Present Research Interests:
Medical computer vision and graphics, lung image analysis, robust model-based segmentation methods, efficient interactive segmentation methods, PET image analysis.
- C. Bauer, S. Sun, W. Sun, J. Otis, A. Wallace, B. J. Smith, J. J. Sunderland, M. M. Graham, M. Sonka, J. M. Buatti, and R. Beichel. Automated Measurement of Uptake in Cerebellum, Liver, and Aortic Arch in Full-body FDG PET/CT Scans. Medical Physics, 39(6), 3112-3123, June 2012.
- R. Beichel and Y. Wang. Computer-Aided Lymph Node Segmentation in Volumetric CT Data. Medical Physics, 39(9), 5419-5428, September 2012.
- R. Beichel, A. Bornik, C. Bauer, and E Sorantin. Liver Segmentation in Contrast Enhanced CT Data Using Graph Cuts and Interactive 3D Segmentation Refinement Methods. Medical Physics, 39(3):1361-1373, March 2012.
- S. Sun, C. Bauer, and R. Beichel. Automated 3D Segmentation of Lungs with Lung Cancer in CT Data Using a Novel Robust Active Shape Model Approach. IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., 31(2): 449–460, February 2012.
- C. Bauer, T. Pock, E. Sorantin, H. Bischof, and R. Beichel. Segmentation of interwoven 3D tubular tree structures utilizing shape priors and graph cuts, Medical Image Analysis, 14(2):172-184, April 2010.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Society, IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society