Secondary Faculty (ECE)
Abramoff, Michael D. - Professor
- Education: M.S., M.D., University of Amsterdam, Netherlands; Ph.D. University of Utecht, Netherlands
- Research Interests: Functional imaging of the retina, diabetic retinopathy, telediagnosis of retinal disease, computer aided diagnosis of retinal disease, effectiveness of retinal imaging on outcome
Boggess, Tom - Professor
- Education: B.S. Lamar University; M.S., Ph.D. North Texas State University
- Research Interests: Nonlinear optics, ultrafast spectroscopy, laser science
Braun, Terry - Associate Professor
- Education: B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Iowa; M.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Iowa; Ph.D. Genetics, University of Iowa
- Research Interests: Genetics, bioinformatics and computational genetics, macular degeneration.
Flatte, Michael E. - Professor
- Education: B.A., Harvard University; Ph.D. University of California-Santa Barbara
- Research Interests: Optoelectronic and magnetic properties of semiconductors, superconductivity
Johnson, Hans - Assistant Professor
- Education: B.S.E., Biomedical Engineering, The University of Iowa, M.S., Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Iowa.
- Research Interests: Research interests focus on accelerating brain research through software engineering best practices, implementing high dimensional non-linear warping, and developing informatics and collaborative tools for facilitating geographically distributed projects.
Prineas, John - Associate Professor
- Education: B.A. Carleton College; Ph.D. University of Arizona
- Research Interests: Epitaxial growth of compound semiconductors; spectroscopy; materials research; nanoscience.
Scheetz, Todd - Associate Professor
- Education: B.S. Electrical Engineering University of Iowa; M.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering University of Iowa; Ph.D. Genetics University of Iowa
- Research Interests: Alternative splicing, regulation of gene expression, disease gene identification, molecular genetics of disease, computational genomics, distributed computing and parallel processing, software tools.
Schnell, Thomas- Associate Professor
- Education: B.S., Tech-Bern-Switzerland; M.S., Ph.D. Ohio University
- Research Interests: Human factors, driver behavior assessment and measurement, accident analyses, perception and information processing, sensory capabilities and limitations, industrial hygiene; computer simulation (traffic engineering or manufacturing), statistical analysis and modeling, software and database design, intelligent systems, image processing and vision systems
Siochi, Alf - Assistant Professor
- Education: B.S. (Physics) Ateneo de Manila, Philippines; MS, PhD (Physics) Virginia Tech; MS (Radiological Physics) University of Cincinnati.
- Research Interests: Algorithm development for clinical applications in Radiation Therapy (4DRT, IMRT), quality assurance, and dose calculation.
Smirl, Arthur L. - Professor
- Education: B.S. Lamar University; M.S.E. University of Michigan; M.S., Ph.D. University of Arizona
- Research Interests: Laser physics, nonlinear optics, ultrafast electronics