- New Annex
- College A-Z
Electrical and Computer Engineering Scholarships
The ECE Department offers numerous scholarship opportunities for undergraduate EE majors. These may be awarded in addition to scholarships offered by the College of Engineering. Apply by filling out the College of Engineering online scholarship application. Check the box to be considered for ECE scholarships. Be sure to supply all requested information on the application form.
Scholarships for incoming high school & transfer students
- Scholarships up to $16,500.
- Approximately eight new awards each year.
- Open to incoming freshmen and transfer students.
- Special opportunities for students participating in FIRST.
- Scholarships are awarded beginning in February.
Scholarships for current undergraduate students
- Scholarships up to $6,500.
- Approximately 20 new awards each year.
- Open to engineering majors entering their sophomore or junior year.
- Applications are accepted from March 1 to March 31.
- Scholarships are awarded in April.
A limited number of scholarships of $8,000 above and beyond the graduate assistantship are available. Preference wil be given to students who have already obtained their Masters' degree. Applicants will supply: a statement of research interests, examples of previously published work in English (if any), and examples of active participation at research conferences, if any. Please inquire in 4016 SC for an application.
ACT Scholars Program
The ACT Scholars Program is intended to provide opportunites for qualified students to pursue graduate degrees at The University of Iowa in programs that are petinent to ACT. For information on the scholarships and the nomination process pleae go to ACT Scholars Program or see Cathy Kern in 4016 SC.