Ordering IT Equipment
ECS has been charged with handling the ordering, processing, and receiving of all technology equipment for the college. Among the ordering-related services that ECS provides are:
- Consulting. Come to us with your functional needs and ECS staff will recommend appropriate equipment and software to purchase.
- Purchasing options. When there are options for equipment that fits the stated need, ECS will provide the purchaser with the various options.
- Ordering. ECS will work with the vendor(s) and Purchasing to order the desired equipment.
- Tracking of the order
- Taking delivery of the order
- Working with Inventory (Finance & Operations) as required
To use the ECS order consulting service, please call the ECS main office, 319-335-5751, and ask for equipment purchase assistance.
Purchases made with university money that are not processed by ECS will be rejected for payment until ECS gets the purchaser's name and the equipment model and serial numbers.
You can buy Apple computers through ECS, or by going to the Tech Connection and requesting reimbursement after the purchase. Apple products purchased at the Tech Connection will be rejected for payment until ECS gets the purchaser's name and the equipment model and serial numbers.
Changes in the University of Iowa's accounting requirements have resulted in additional requirements within the college. All computer purchases must go through ECS (or IIHR) for inventory tracking and control.