"If it has a battery or plugs in the wall, we will attempt to repair it."
That EES motto does not cover the breadth of the Engineering Electronic Shops repair and calibration services, but it does typify the staff's willingness to tackle electronic repair and design in most situations.
- Sales and parts catalog
- MakerBot 3d printing
- Repair and calibration - see above.
- Electronic equipment design and prototyping – The staff in the EES fabricates original electronics equipment design and prototyping work for researchers across campus. We have access to EDA (electronic design automation) software that facilitates schematic capture, circuit analysis, board layout and routing as well as having the capability, in house, to prototype double sided printed circuit boards.
- Consultation services – Staff are available for consulting on test and service equipment selection and specification, as well as facilitating equipment purchases. On request, the EES staff will work with students as they design their projects.
- Locker rental – EES handles the rental of student lockers located on the ground and first floors of the Seamans Center.
- Teaching lab equipment - EES maintains departmental teaching lab equipment by doing preventive maintenance, calibration, and repair. EES is often involved in selecting and purchasing teaching lab equipment.
- Laser etching – Many of the name tags, awards, plaques, and signs in the Seamans Center were printed on the VersaLaser or Universal Laser in EES.