Objet Printer Arrived in EMS
EMS recently took delivery of an Objet 3D printer. The Objet 260 is manufactured by Stratasys, the company that also made the Dimension and Fortus 3D printers. The Objet 260 Connex is a photo polymer UV cure 3D printer that will provide extend the sort of prototyping possible with the existing 3D printers. The Objet can print high resolution, rigid, flexible, transparent, and colored objects. Its features include:
- up to 14 material properties in a single 3D
- print rubber like materials
- rigid materials in a variety of colors
- digitally mixed ABS materials
- high temperature materials
- transparent or tinted material
- generously sized build box 260 x 260 x 200 mm
- 16 micron layer resolution
The printer was installed this week (21 Jul)y. Steve and Bill learned how to use the software and maintain the printer.
After the printer was installed set up, the first test print (in process in this photo)
was 2 wrenches.
The finished wrenches are encased in support material ,
which must be removed in the cleaning station.
You hold the object to be cleaned with the gloves attached and the wiper keeps the view into the cleaning box.