Spring 2013 Support of Writing-Intensive Engineering Courses
The Hanson Center for Technical Communication (HCTC) directly supports writing projects in the following courses: Statics, Materials Science, and Process Calculations. Students in these courses will use our APA Style Guide for citing sources.
Note: all engineering undergraduates are welcome to bring their writing to the Center, no matter what course it's written for.
APA Style Guide ( PDF ) All HCTC-supported courses use this style guide to help students format their in-text citations and list of references. Documenting your sources is crucial not only to the successful completion of your writing assignments but as a statement of your integrity as an engineer preparing to enter a community of practice.
Model of APA Reference List( PDF )
- Writing Assignment ( PDF )
- Writing Evaluation Sheet ( PDF )
- Slides for CTC class visit - 2/5/13 ( PowerPoint )
- Final Draft Tips and Strategies - TBA ( PowerPoint )
- Idiot's Guide to Plagiarism ( PowerPoint )
- CPS Syllabus ( PDF )
- Topical Paper Evaluation Sheet ( PDF )
- Lab Report Writing Guidelines ( PDF )
- Lab Report Format ( PDF )
- Lab Writing Evaluation Sheet ( PDF )
Getting an Appointment
Signing up for a writing appointment is easy. Sign-up sheets are posted on the door of room 2224 SC, in the Student Commons area. Appointments are available Monday-Friday, 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.