Co-ops & Internships
All students in the College of Engineering are eligible to participate in the co-op and internship program upon completion of one full semester in the College. Undergraduates seeking this option must have at least a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and masters candidates must have a 3.0. The Co-op/Internship program recommends that students begin their search early so that they may get co-op or internship experience starting the summer after their freshman year. Students have completed co-op and internship assignments at many companies throughout the Midwest and world.
To be competitive when applying for jobs after graduation, students need to have some type of co-op or internship experience. Many of the companies who recruit our students tell us they will not even consider for an interview a student who has had no co-op or internship experience or other career-related experience.
Participation in a co-op or internship is highly recommended. Please contact Phil Jordan, Director of Professional Development or click on the links for further information.
- Co-op/Internship Course Syllabus
- Registration Agreement Form
- Experience Agreement Form
- Student Evaluation Form
- Supervisor Evaluation Form
Salaries & Employers
- Program Brochure
- Co-op/Intern Salary Summary
- Annual Report: Co-op/Intern Employers, Salaries and Statistics 2007-11
Employers by major
- Biomedical Engineering Co-op/Intern Employers 2007-2011
- Chemical/Biochemical Engineering Co-op/Intern Employers 2007-2011
- Civil/Environmental Engineering Co-op/Intern Employers 2007-2011
- Electrical/Computer Engineering Co-op/Intern Employers 2007-2011
- Industrial Engineering Co-op/Intern Employers 2007-2011
- Mechanical Engineering Co-op/Intern Employers 2007-2011