FTC-Iowa: Important Dates for 2014-2015
Beginning May 14: FIRST Registration opens to teams.
- Teams register on US FIRST Website.
**However, teams need to apply and receive Rockwell Collins & John Deere funding prior to registering with FIRST.**
Mid-May May, 2014: Rockwell Collins Grants open.
- Teams must apply through the Rockwell Collins website.
- These grants will be distributed until they are gone.
June 6, 2014 - October 3, 2014: John Deere Inspire Grants - Accepting Applications
July 23-25, 2014: Professional Development in West Des Moines
- Intended Audience: Rookie coaches, returning coaches and volunteers.
- Goal: To give coaches and volunteers and opportunity to work together and learn about FIRST and the FTC Season. We will be doing role-playing activities as well as a mini robotics competition.
- Pre-registration is required.
September 6, 2014: FIRST Tech Challenge Kick-Off
- The game is revealed to teams and volunteers. The teams “build season” begins immediately.
September 9, 2014:
September 15, 2014:
- Teams must register with FTC-Iowa
- Leagues will be determined by this date.
- League administrators will be notified.
Late September – November, 2014: Professional Development for Scale-Up recipients
- Intended Audience: All Scale-Up FTC recipients
- Goal: To educate the recipients about the tournament structure and the “tournament in a box” and how to host successful events. Also will be available to answer questions about the FTC Scale-Up process.
- Locations: To be determined by each STEM Manager.
- Dates: To be determined by each STEM Manager.
- Before October 31, 2014: Equipment will be distributed to the funded LEAs. Large equipment will be directly shipped to the LEAs, the smaller (a.k.a. tournament in a box) will be distributed during the PD sessions in September/October.
November 8, 2014 – january 10, 2015: meet Season
- Teams will have an opportunity of competing in at least three meet events.
- Meets are coordinated by the leagues.
January 17, 2015 - February 14, 2015: League Championship Events
- All teams will participate in a League Championship
- No more than two League Championships will occur on the same day.
- Teams will advance from the League Championship to the FTC-Iowa Championship
March 6-7, 2015: FTC-Iowa Championship at the Coralville Marriott, Coralville, Iowa.
- The top 48 teams from Iowa will be invited to compete.
Late march- Early April, 2015: FTC North Super Regional
- This event will pull in a total of 72 teams representing 15 states. Teams from Iowa advancing will be determined at the FTC-Iowa Championship in March, 2015.
April, 2015: Assessment will be conducted.