First Year Scholarships
Make sure to also review other scholarship resources through the University of Iowa or outside agencies.
- Early consideration deadline: Online application is due December 15, 2013
- Final consideration deadline: Online application is due January 31, 2014
- Contact the College of Engineering for more details
cOLLEGE OF ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIPS
These scholarships are available for first-year students with excellent academic records. The College encourages and welcomes diversity in the student body, and therefore additional consideration will be given to the applications of U.S. citizens or permanent residents whose enrollment will contribute to a diverse learning environment including race, ethnic background or gender. Women and students from diverse family and personal backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants typically have a 3.70 GPA or above (on a 4.00 scale) or an ACT composite score of 28 or above (or a combined SAT critical reading and math score of 1250 or above).
- Value: $1,000 - $3,000 depending on the number of eligible applicants and awards available
- More than 100 Engineering Scholarships were awarded in 2012-2013
- One-time award for first-year students only
Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) Scholarship
The ECE Department offers numerous scholarship opportunities for undergraduate Electrical Engineering majors. These may be awarded in addition to scholarships offered by the College of Engineering. Apply by filling out the College of Engineering online scholarship application. Check the box to be considered for ECE scholarships. Be sure to supply all requested information on the application form.
- Scholarships up to $16,500
- Approximately five new awards each year
- Open to incoming freshmen students
- Scholarships are awarded beginning in February
Electrical & Computer FIRST Scholarships
Admitted engineering undergraduates entering The University of Iowa directly from high school, or transferring from another institution, and are enrolling for classes for the fall semester may apply for The Electrical & Computer Engineering FIRST Scholarships. Apply by filling out the College of Engineering online scholarship application. Check the box to be considered for the ECE FIRST Scholarship. You will be notified of your award by March 1, 2013.
- 3 renewable awards, each for a total of $16,000 over four years
- Must have been admitted and are entering fall classes directly from high school or transferring into The College of Engineering
- Must have participated on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team