I have a problem with my professor. Who should I talk to?

In cases where complaints do not involve alleged student academic misconduct, students with complaints against engineering faculty members should attempt to resolve the issue with the faculty member first.  Lacking a satisfactory outcome, the student should discuss the matter with the Departmental Executive Officer (DEO also called department chair) of the faculty member's department.

Students who are uncomfortable dealing directly with a faculty member or a department chair may seek assistance from the engineering faculty ombudsperson when attempting to resolve a complaint related to an engineering course. Students taking non-engineering courses should seek assistance from the university ombudsperson. However, grievances generally can be satisfactorily resolved at the faculty or chair level. If students are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure, they should discuss their complaints with the Dean of the College of Engineering.