Campus Visit Opportunities
- Daily Visits occur weekdays when school is in session and include an engineering-specific tour and information session with the general campus visit.
- EXPLORE ENGINEERING@IOWA PROGRAMS are hosted several Saturdays throughout the academic year and focus specificially on engineering.
- Hawkeye Visit days & Transfer Days take place on select weekdays between October-April and feature a full day of activities. General University of Iowa information in the morning with an engineering-specific tour and information session in the afternoon.
Weekday Engineering Visits and Tours
A highlight of the campus visit is meeting with a College of Engineering admissions staff member and engineering student ambassadors to learn more about the culture and opportunities within the College of Engineering, as well as participate in a tour of the Seamans Center. When making your reservation through the Office of Admissions, be sure to select the College of Engineering interest session option. You can also specify additional personalized requests for your visit and we will do our best to accomodate for you. On the tour you will see first-hand some of our renowned teaching and research areas, including the John Deere Plaza, Pierce Atrium, Fethke Rooftop Terrace, Hanson Center for Technical Communication, Lichtenberger Engineering Library, research laboratories, engineering student commons, computer labs, and classrooms.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: We invite you to spend the day with current Engineering @ Iowa students, faculty, and staff and gain insight into the field of engineering and what makes Iowa's engineering program a great option.
- Saturday, October 4, 2014
- Saturday, December 6, 2014
- Saturday, February 14, 2015
- Saturday, March 7, 2015
- Saturday, April 11, 2015