The Mary Sheedy Staff Excellence Award
The Mary Sheedy Staff Excellence Award (nomination form)
Deadline for Nominations: April 15, 2014
Send nominations/questions to: Jennifer Rumping
Objective of the Award
The Mary Sheedy Staff Excellence Award is given annually to recognize one member of the College of Engineering staff who exemplifies the characteristics of Mary Sheedy, long time secretary for the Dean of the College of Engineering.
Eligibility and Criteria
All permanent full-time and part-time (50% or more) Professional & Scientific, Merit, and Merit Exempt staff members employed in the College of Engineering are eligible to be nominated for this award. Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, or students. The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, April 15, 2014. Please direct questions and nominations to Jenni Rumping (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Provide the following materials for a complete nomination:
- The completed nomination form.
- A letter of nomination (2 pages maximum) providing reasons and a clear/compelling explanation for why the nominee should receive the Mary Sheedy Staff Excellence Award.
Provide concise examples of how the nominee personifies the characteristics that are described below:
- Provides outstanding service to the College of Engineering.
- Has a positive attitude that impacts and improves the work atmosphere within the College.
- Leaves a lasting impression with the College and its constituents.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the College and its mission.
- Include at least one, but no more than 3 letters of support (2 pages maximum each) from a faculty, staff, or student in the College of Engineering.
Nomination and Selection Process
- Nominations for this award are conducted annually.
- Send all nomination materials in a sealed envelope to the Staff Excellence Awards Committee, c/o Jennifer Rumping, 4105 S or via email: email@example.com
- Nominations must be received no later than April 15th, 2014. Late or incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- In cases where multiple nominations for a nominee are received for this award, the nominators will be contacted and asked to consolidate the nominations into one nomination that conforms to the Eligibility and Criteria guidelines.
- Nominees will be evaluated with respect to the award criteria by members of the selection committee.
- The selection committee will make a recommendation to the Dean for final approval.
- The recipient will be announced at the Spring Faculty and Staff Awards and Recognition Ceremony.
- The winner of this award will be honored and presented with a certificate.
- Questions concerning Staff Excellence Awards may be directed to ESAC.
- Download a nomination form.