- New Annex
- College A-Z
FTC-Iowa: Current Season - Cascade Effect!
Welcome to the FTC Season for 2014-2015
We are fortunate to partnerships with great organizations in Iowa that support the growth of FTC teams.
- Rockwell Collins team grants, please visit FIRST Grants webpage.
- John Deere FIRST team grants, please visit FIRST Grants webpage.
- FTC STEM Scale-Up Grants, please visit the FTC STEM Scale-Up website.
Cascade Effect Description
- All teams in Iowa are "highly" encouraged to register via TIMS by September 9, 2014. This is the official way of registering with FIRST. If you need to change contact information, you can do that via TIMS.
- Teams must also register with FTC-Iowa (link opened July 1, 2014)
- FTC Rockwell Collins Returning Team grants and John Deere FIRST team grants are still available. Please visit the link above.
FTC Iowa Calendar of Events
- Sept. 6, 2014 - FTC-Iowa Kick-Off Celebration at Center Point Urbana High School, Center Point, Iowa
- Sept. 9, 2014 - All FTC teams in Iowa must be registered by this date.
- Sept. 15, 2014 - Leagues will be announced and league administrators will be notified.
- Nov. 8, 2014 - Jan. 10, 2015 - Meets. Teams in the leagues determine the dates/loations of the meets. Three meets per team during these dates.
- Jan. 17, 2015-Feb. 14, 2015 - League Championship. Two leagues will participate in a League Championship. Some of the dates/locations have already been determined.
- March 6-7, 2015 - FTC-Iowa Championship, for those teams who advance from the League Championship.
FTC Iowa Championship
The Iowa FTC Championship for the 2014-2015 season will be held the weekend of March 6th-7th at the Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in Coralville, Iowa. The address for the venue is: 300 E 9th St, Coralville, IA 52241.
A tentative schedule for team check in, judging and matches is as follows:
Friday, March 6, 2015
- Team check-in and registration is between 11:00am-1:00pm (You MUST be registered by 1:00 to participate!)
- Pit areas remain open between 11:00am-8:15pm
- Concessions are open 11:00am-7:00pm
- Each team will have three assigned times for Hardware and Software inspections. These times will be between 12:00pm-6:00pm
- Team judging appointments will be assigned between 1:30pm-4:00pm
Saturday, March 7, 2015
- Team re-check-in is 7:00am-7:45am
- Pit areas remain open 7:00am-5:45pm
- Concessions are open 7:30am-6:00pm
- Drivers and Coaches meeting is at 8:00am-8:30am
- First round of qualification matches will be from 8:45am-10:15am
- Opening ceremony will be in the Coral Ballroom 10:15am-10:45am
- There will be a Business/College Fair 10:30am-5:00pm
- Qualification matches will resume 10:45am-12:30pm
- Lunch Break 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Third round of qualification matches are from 1:30pm-3:45pm
- Alliance selection is 3:45pm-4:30pm
- Semi-final matches will be between 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Final Matches will be from 5:30pm-6:00pm
- Closing ceremony will be in the Coral Ballroom as well 6:00pm-7:00pm
Please contact FTC Iowa if you have any questions about the schedule for the event and good luck to all the teams participating!