- New Annex
- College A-Z
- All teams in Iowa are "highly" encouraged to register with FIRST by September 2, 2016. This is the official way of registering with FIRST. If you need to change contact information, you can do when logged into the FIRST system.
- Teams must also register with FTC-Iowa (link will open August 1, 2016)*
- Although FIRST registration opens May 18, 2016
- Please review the FTC-Iowa Funding Resources document.
- University of Iowa FTC Mentors
*Note: FIRST collects a registration fee of $275 per team. However, this registration fee stays at FIRST Headquarters in Manchester, NH. In order to cover our local (Iowa) costs, the FTC-Iowa program need to also charge a registration fee per team.*
FTC Iowa Calendar of Events
- August 1-3, 2016: Professional Development for coaches & volunteers. Tentative Agenda and Registration Form are now availble.
- Sept. 3, 2016 - All FTC teams in Iowa must be registered by this date.
- Sept. 10, 2016 - FTC-Iowa Kick-Off Celebration
- Sept. 9, 2016 - Leagues will be announced. League coaches will be able to work together during kick-off.
- Oct. 17, 2016 - Begin Meets. Teams in the leagues determine the dates/loations of the meets. No Three meets per team during these dates
- Dec. 17, 2016-Jan. 28, 2017 - League Championship.
- Dec. 17, 2016 - Location TBD
- Jan. 7, 2017 - Location TBD
- Jan. 14, 2017 - Location TBD
- Jan. 21, 2017 - Location TBD
- Jan. 28, 2017 - Location TBD
- Feb. 4, 2017 - Super Qualifier*
- Feb. 11, 2017 - Super Qualifier*
- Dec. 17, 2016 - Location TBD
*A Super Qualifier is a one-day, 24 team tournament in which teams must advance from the League Championship. The Super Qualifier provides an opportunity for more teams to advance out of the League Championships to the next level of competition. The Super Qualifier will advance teams into the FTC-Iowa Championship. We will use the Advancement Criteria listed in Game Manual Part 1 for team advancing from League Championship to Super Qualifier and from the Super Qualifier to the FTC-Iowa Championship and from the FTC-Iowa Championship to the North Super Regional.
- Feb 24/25, 2017 - FTC-Iowa Championship, for those teams who advance from the Super Qualifier.
FTC Iowa Championship
The Iowa FTC Championship for the 2016-2017 season will be held the weekend of Feb 24th-25th at the Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in Coralville, Iowa. The address for the venue is: 300 E 9th St, Coralville, IA 52241.
A tentative schedule for team check in, judging and matches is as follows:
Friday, Feb. 24, 2017
- Team check-in and registration is between 11:00am-1:00pm (You MUST be registered by 1:00 to participate!)
- Pit areas remain open between 11:00am-8:15pm
- Concessions are open 11:00am-7:00pm
- Each team will have three assigned times for Hardware and Software inspections. These times will be between 12:00pm-6:00pm
- Team judging appointments will be assigned between 1:30pm-4:00pm
Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017
- Team re-check-in is 7:00am-7:45am
- Pit areas remain open 7:00am-5:45pm
- Concessions are open 7:30am-6:00pm
- Drivers and Coaches meeting is at 8:00am-8:30am
- First round of qualification matches will be from 8:45am-10:15am
- Opening ceremony will be in the Coral Ballroom 10:15am-10:45am
- There will be a Business/College Fair 10:30am-5:00pm
- Qualification matches will resume 10:45am-12:30pm
- Lunch Break 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Third round of qualification matches are from 1:30pm-3:45pm
- Alliance selection is 3:45pm-4:30pm
- Semi-final matches will be between 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Final Matches will be from 5:30pm-6:00pm
- Closing ceremony will be in the Coral Ballroom as well 6:00pm-7:00pm
Please contact FTC Iowa if you have any questions about the schedule for the event and good luck to all the teams participating!