- New Annex
- College A-Z
Transferring colleges can be a long and difficult process, but the Student Development Center is here to help make it easy. Some basic guidelines are below, along with a list of transfer guides designed specifically for common transfer locations from the midwest.
Minimum Admission Requirements for all Transfer Students:
- Demonstrated success (As or Bs) in math, science, and engineering courses
- Calculus & Chemistry/Physics completed with and a grade of an A or B
- Completion of High School Requirements
- Completion of Calculus I
- Completion of equivalent Principles of Chemistry I or Introductory Physics I courses
- University of Iowa Admissions
- Orientation and Registration (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- Placement tests
Students applying from outside the University of Iowa:
- Must complete the admission requirements listed above
- See how classes may transfer using the ISIS "How will my Classes Transfer" Utility
- Have ALL materials from your previous institution mailed to the Office of Admissions
- Apply Online
- Once application has been submitted, contact Megan Allen for credit evaluation (319-335-5763)
Students applying from the University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts & Sciences:
- Must complete the course admission requirements listed above (Calc, Chem, and/or Physics)
- Apply Online
- Use "What if" function on ISIS to see applicable credit and course requirements
- Once admitted to the College of Engineering, call 319-335-5763 to meet with an advisor
- If preferred, you may request Special Permission to register for Summer Engineering courses
If you need to transfer credit, please read the General Transfer Credit Guidelines.
Iowa Transfer Guides
Illinois Transfer Guides
Other Transfer Guides
NOTE: Courses listed in the college transfer guides or on ISIS have been pre-approved for transfer and DO NOT require any additional paper work. Transfer credit not listed in the above two search options will require advisor and department chair approval, except for general education courses which require approval from the Student Development Center only. Transfer credit is evaluated after the student submits a course description and a completed Transfer Credit Agreement Form to the Student Development Center, 3124 SC.
NOTE: A grade of C- or higher is required for transfer credit to be applied toward a BSE degree. Remember to have an official transcript sent directly to the UI Admissions Office, 108 Calvin Hall, Iowa City, Iowa, 52245.
Links to College Catalogs
Use these links to find course descriptions at area colleges.