Spring 2014 Support of Writing-Intensive Engineering Courses
In Spring 2014, The Hanson Center for Technical Communication (HCTC) will grade writing projects in the following courses: Statics and Chemical Process Safety. Note: all engineering undergraduates are welcome to bring their writing to the Center, no matter what course it's written for.
APA Style Guide ( Purdue OWL )
For citation guidelines, the HCTC recommends that students refer to the Purdue Online Writing Lab. This is a reliable resource that is updated regularly to adhere to current APA style standards. Documenting your sources is crucial not only to the successful completion of your writing assignments but as a statement of your integrity as an engineer preparing to enter a community of practice.
- Writing Assignment ( PDF )
- Writing Evaluation Sheet ( PDF )
- Slides for CTC class visit - 2/04/14, 2/06/14 ( PowerPoint )
- Final Draft Tips and Strategies - TBA ( PowerPoint )
- Idiot's Guide to Plagiarism ( PowerPoint )
- Model of APA Reference List ( PDF )
- Lab Report Guidelines ( PDF )
Topical Paper Guidelines/Evaluation Sheet ( PDF )
Lab Report Guidelines ( PDF )
Lab Report Format ( PDF )
- Lab Report Writing Evaluation Sheet ( PDF )
Getting an Appointment
Signing up for a writing appointment is easy. Sign-up sheets are posted on the door of room 2224 SC, in the Student Commons area. Appointments are available Monday-Friday: 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Sunday: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday and Wednesday: 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.