2139 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Operations Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, 1979.
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Warsaw Technical University, 1974.
B.S., Precision Engineering, Warsaw Technical University, 1972 .
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Computational intelligence; data mining; operations research; engineering design; manufacturing.
Present Research Interests:
Computational intelligence; data mining; operations research; knowledge discovery; engineering design; manufacturing; energy systems; production management and medical and pharmaceutical applications.
- A. Kusiak, Z. Zhang, and G. Xu, Minimization of Wind Farm Operational Cost Based on Data-driven Models, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 4, No. 3, 2013, pp. 756-764.
- A. Kusiak, X. Wei, A. Verma, and E. Roz, Modeling and Prediction of Rainfall Using Radar Reflectivity Data: A Data-Mining Approach, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 51, No. 4, 2013, pp. 2337-2342.
- A. Verma, Z. Zhang, and A. Kusiak, Modeling and Prediction of Gearbox Faults with Data-Mining Algorithms, ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Vol. 135, No. 3, 2013, pp. 031007-1 - 031007-11.
- A. Kusiak and X. Wei, Optimization of the Activated Sludge Process, ASCE Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 139, No. 1, 2013, pp. 12-17.
- A. Kusiak and A. Verma, Monitoring Wind Farms with Performance Curves, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2013, pp. 192-199.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Association of Artificial Intelligence; Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS); Drug Information Association; Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers; Institute of Industrial Engineers; International Federation of Automation and Control; International Federation of Information Processing (IFAC)