2139 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Operations Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, 1979.
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Warsaw Technical University, 1974.
B.S., Precision Engineering, Warsaw Technical University, 1972 .
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Computational intelligence; data mining; operations research; engineering design; manufacturing.
Present Research Interests:
Computational intelligence; data mining; operations research; knowledge discovery; engineering design; manufacturing; energy systems; production management and medical and pharmaceutical applications.
- A. Kusiak, G.L. Xu, and Z. Zhang, Minimization of Energy Consumption in HVAC Systems with Data-driven Models and an Interior-point Method, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 85, No. 1, 2014 pp. 146-153.
- X. He, Z. Zhang, and A. Kusiak, Performance Optimization of HVAC Systems with Computational Intelligence Algorithms, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 81, No. 1, 2014, pp. 371-380.
- Z. Zhang, Q. Zhou, and A. Kusiak, Optimization of Wind Power and its Variability with a Computational Intelligence Approach, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2014, pp. 228-236.
- A. Kusiak and X. Wei, Optimization of the Activated Sludge Process, ASCE Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 139, No. 1, 2013, pp. 12-17.
- A. Kusiak and A. Verma, Monitoring Wind Farms with Performance Curves, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2013, pp. 192-199.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Association of Artificial Intelligence; Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS); Drug Information Association; Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers; Institute of Industrial Engineers; International Federation of Automation and Control; International Federation of Information Processing (IFAC)