2416C Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2005
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo, Japan, 1999
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo, Japan, 1997
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Computational dynamics of multibody systems, vehicle dynamics, wheel/rail contact, tire/road interaction, mechanical vibration, finite element method.
Present Research Interests:
Flexible multibody dynamics, railroad vehicle dynamics, dynamics of tire, vehicle/turnout interaction, wind energy drivetrain modeling and simulation.
- Sugiyama, H., Sekiguchi, T., Matsumura, R., Yamashita, S. and Suda, Y., 2012, "Wheel/Rail Contact Dynamics in Turnout Negotiations with Combined Nodal and Non-Conformal Contact Approach", Multibody System Dynamics, vol. 27, pp. 55-74.
- Yamashita, H. and Sugiyama, H., 2012, "Numerical Convergence of Finite Element Solutions of Non-Rational B-Spline Element and Absolute Nodal Coordinate Formulation", Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 67, pp. 177-189.
- Yamashita, S. and Sugiyama, H., 2012, "Numerical Procedure for Dynamic Simulation of Two-Point Wheel/Rail Contact and Flange Climb Derailment of Railroad Vehicles", ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 7, pp. 041012-1-7.
- Sugiyama, H. and Yamashita, H., 2011, "Spatial Joint Constraints for the Absolute Nodal Coordinate Formulation using the Non-Generalized Intermediate Coordinates", Multibody System Dynamics, vol.26, pp. 15-36.
- Sugiyama, H., Matsumura, R., Suda, Y. and Ezaki, H., 2011, "Dynamics of Independently Rotating Wheel System in the Analysis of Multibody Railroad Vehicles", ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, vol.6, pp. 011007-1-8.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Society of Automotive Engineers