2410 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 2012
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2004
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2002
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Laser material processes; machining; manufacturing process modeling; severe plastics deformation; microstructural evolution; grain refinement.
Present Research Interests:
Laser material processing, wind turbine manufacturing, biomedical implant materials, micro/nano materials processing, machining, surface treatment, severe plastic deformation, microstructural prediction, grain refinement.
- Ding, H. and Shin, Y. C., 2011, A Metallo-thermo-mechanically Coupled Analysis of Orthogonal Cutting of AISI 1045 Steel, Transactions of the ASME. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering.
- Ding, H. and Shin, Y. C., 2011, Dislocation Density-based Modeling of Subsurface Grain Refinement With Laser-induced Shock Compression, Computational Materials Science, 53(1), pp. 79-88.
- Ding, H. and Shin, Y.C., 2012, Thermal and Mechanical Modeling Analysis of Laser-assisted Micro-milling of Difficult-to-machine Alloys, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 212(3), pp. 601-613.
- Ding, H. and Shin, Y.C., 2012, Predictive Modeling of Grain Refinement During Multi-pass Cold Rolling, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 212(5), pp. 1003-1013.
- Ding, H. and Shin. Y.C., 2010, Laser-assisted Machining of Hardened Steel Parts With Surface Intergrity Analysis, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 50(1), pp. 106-114.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships: