2410 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 2012
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2004
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2002
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Laser material processes; machining; manufacturing process modeling; severe plastic deformation; microstructural evolution; grain refinement.
Present Research Interests:
Laser material processing, wind turbine manufacturing, biomedical implant materials, micro/nano materials processing, machining, surface treatment, severe plastic deformation, microstructural prediction, grain refinement.
- Ding, H., and Shin, Y. C., 2013, "Multi-physics modeling and simulations of surface microstructure alteration in hard turning," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 213(6), pp. 877-886.
- Ding, H., and Shin, Y. C., 2012, "A metallo-thermomechanically coupled analysis of orthogonal cutting of AISI 1045 steel," Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 134(5), p. 051014.
- Ding, H. and Shin, Y. C., 2012, "Dislocation density-based modeling of subsurface grain refinement with laser-induced shock compression", Computational Materials Science, 53(1), pp. 79-88.
- Ding, H., Shen, N., and Shin, Y. C., 2011, "Experimental evaluation and modeling analysis of micromilling of hardened H13 tool steel", Transactions of the ASME. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 133(4), 041007.
- Ding, H., and Shin, Y. C., 2010, "Laser-assisted machining of hardened steel parts with surface integrity analysis", International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 50(1), pp. 106-114.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)