2416B Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University, 2002.
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China, 1998.
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China, 1995.
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Nanotube technology; nanomechanics; materials science; solid mechanics; finite element methods; meshfree particle methods; and topological optimizations.
Present Research Interests:
Multiscale modeling and simulation; nanocomposites; NEMS; shock wave propagation and spallation.
- Xiao, S. P., and Hou, W. Y., Fracture of Defected Carbon Nanotubes and Their Embedded Nanocomposites, Physical Review B, Vol 73, 2006, 115406.
- Xiao, S. P., A Non-oscillatory Method for Spallation Studies, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol 66, 2006, pp 364-380
- Xiao, S. P., and Yang W. X., Temperature-Related Cauchy-Born Rule for Multiscale Modeling of Crystalline Solids, Computational Materials Science, Vol 37, 2006, pp 374-379
- Xiao, S. P., and Belytschko, T., Material Stability Analysis of Particle Methods, Advances in Mathematical computation, Vol 23, 2005, pp 171-190
- Xiao, S. P., and Belytschko, T., A Bridging Domain Method for Coupling Continua with Molecular Dynamics, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 193, 2004, pp. 1645-1669
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
International Association of Computational Mechanics; U.S. National Association of Computational Mechanics.