2140 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Structural Engineering, Cornell University, 1991.
M.S., Structural Engineering, Purdue University, 1986.
B.Sc., Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, 1984.
Present Research Interests:
Multiscale mechanics of heterogeneous media; mathematical models of random microstructure; uncertainty quantification of high-dimensional complex systems; random eigenvalue problems; stochastic mesh-free and finite-element methods; and reliability-based optimization.
- Rahman, S., Global Sensitivity Analysis by Polynomial Dimensional Decomposition, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 96, No. 7, 2011, pp. 825-837.
- Rahman, S. and Yadav, V., Orthogonal Polynomial Expansions for Solving Random Eigenvalue Problems, International Journal for Uncertainty Quantification, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2011, pp. 163-187
- Rahman, S., Decomposition Methods for Structural Reliability Analysis Revisisted, Probalistic Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 26, 2011, pp. 357-363.
- Rahman, S. and Chakraborty, A., Stochastic Multiscale Fracture Analysis of Three-dimensional Functionally Graded Composites, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 78, No. 1, 2011, pp. 27-46
- Rahman, S., Statistical Moments of Polynomial Dimensional Decomposition, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 136, No. 7, 2010, pp. 923-927.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Society of Mechanical Engineers; American Society of Civil Engineers; International Association of Structural Safety and Reliability; U.S. Association for Computational Mechanics; International Society for Computational Engineering & Sciences; American Society for Engineering Education.