Engineering Faculty Appointed to UI Strategic Initiatives Task Forces
Five College of Engineering faculty and administrators have been appointed to task forces formed to determine how to preserve the excellence of University of Iowa core missions and to pursue the most important priorities in a time of global economic retrenchment.
The five and their respective task forces are:
- P. Barry Butler, professor and dean, co-chair of the Task Force on Strategic Budgeting
- Ed Dove, associate professor of biomedical engineering, member of the Task Force on Undergraduate Education and Success
- Keri Hornbuckle, professor and departmental executive officer of civil and environmental engineering, member of the Task Force on Graduate Education: Selective Excellence
- Greg Carmichael, professor of chemical and biochemical engineering and associate dean for graduate programs and research, member of the Task Force on Research and Creative Excellence
- Alec Scranton, professor of chemical and biochemical engineering and associate dean for academic programs, member of the Task Force on Public Outreach and Civic Engagement
A sixth Task Force on Internationalization and Diversity does not have a College of Engineering member.
More information on the task forces, including members from other colleges and units, is available at http://provost.uiowa.edu/work/strategic-initiatives/. On the web site, there is a link inviting students, faculty, and staff to submit ideas on strategic priorities to one or more of the Task Forces.