- New Annex
- College A-Z
Distinguished Engineering Alumni Academy: Nomination Procedure
To honor engineering alumni for their personal contribution toward engineering achievement, leadership, and service to the profession and to society.
Nomination Criteria for Selection:
An individual may be nominated who is a University of Iowa College of Engineering graduate, is living at the time of selection, and has accomplished one or more of the following:
- Made distinguished contributions to the theory and practice of engineering or has demonstrated major accomplishments or guidance in emerging fields of engineering technology, or
- Managed or directed an organization that has made noteworthy national or international contributions in design, construction, production, or service delivery through the application of complex engineering principles, or
- Contributed truly exceptional service to their community, the College of Engineering, the profession, and/or the public.
Nomination Information Requirements:
Complete nomination information should be submitted in the form of a letter to the Selection Review and Recommendation Committee, including as much of the following as possible:
- Full name, title, address, and telephone number of the nominee
- A record or professional experience and noteworthy accomplishments, especially extraordinary contributions. What has this nominee accomplished that no one else has done?
- Any noteworthy public or professional service accomplishments
- At least one "seconding" letter of recommendation and support for the award
- Any noteworthy awards won by the candidate, along with a description of the criteria for selection or significance
- A résumé, including a list of important contributions, publications, patents, professional experience, and principal technical society memberships and activities.
2016 nominations must be received no later than December 31, 2015. Only one alumnus will be selected each year for induction into the Alumni Academy.
Send nominations to:
Distinguished Engineering Alumni Academy
Selection Review and Recommendation Committee
College of Engineering
The University of Iowa
3100 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Iowa City, IA 52242-1527
FAX: (319) 335-6086